Racklegirl's Tales

Thursday, June 23, 2005

What is a REAL friend?

Last night was a good one, hung out at the usual Wednesday night pub, drank some beer, had some laughs and played some poker. I also ran into a friend (or shall I say acquaintance?!?!?) who I have not talked to in a couple of weeks. we will call him.....hmmmm......."Billy". The last conversation that I had with him a few weeks ago was at lunch and I thought we were just moving along with our friendship and then, out of nowhere, without any warning or anything, he quit calling and he would not return any of my calls. Well, like anyone else would, I started questioning "why" would he just blow me off like that? I didn't really know the reason for all of that and I must admit that it bothered me and upset me. See in the short time I knew "Billy", I actually considered him a friend. I felt so comfortable talking to him and we had/have alot in common. Well, he was at the "pub" last night and sat across the bar from me. I didn't say anything and I just sat there until he threw a piece of ice at me, then I waved him over. He came over and I asked what was up and he said that he had a very tough week and had some personal issues that he was dealing with last week and that he completely shut down to everyone. I told him how I felt when he didn't call. He honestly thought that I didn't consider him a friend and didn't care if he called or not. Well, "Billy"~you are wrong.

The whole moral of this story is to say this: In the times of hurt, sorrow, disappointment or happiness, no one understands that better than a friend. I hold my "friends" very near and dear to my heart and will always cherish each one of them. for me, if it wasn't for my friends, I don't think I could have become the strong person that I am today. I hope that all my friends can say the same about me for, no matter what, I will always be there for them, including the newly acquainted.

Just saying how I feel............






4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home