Racklegirl's Tales

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Where the HELL is that post-it note at?

So, I sit here in this wonderful hotel in the WONDERFUL city of Abilene and cannot log in to my e-mail account and instead of getting more pissed off........I decided to blog about my week! I am here for a training class for work and so far the class is exactly what I expected.........confirmation of what I already know! We are upgrading from our DOS version of this software to the Windows version. It's all pretty much the same just now, I can use the mouse!

Enough of that though.....got here Monday night and as most of you know I NEVER go anywhere by myself, I don't even walk into a place that I am meeting my friends until they meet me at the door.........why is that anyway? Anyway, I decided that I didn't want Room Service so, I went to Chili's and yes, by myself, had dinner and a couple of beers and ya know what?!?!?! I was okay! Not to say that I will do that back home but, I can now say that I did it!

Headed to class on Tuesday morning and met some people, went to lunch with them and then hit Happy Hour with them! Pretty fun and diverse bunch! BTW~alot of people come to Abilene for business! It's interesting! Didn't know that Abilene was such a happening place! While at dinner with some of my new found peeps, found out that guys just don't do accounting like the girls do.......one guy (and the only guy in our class) was telling me that he has never done accounting and his partner said "hey, we got this check in, make the deposit" so, he did just that! The next day his partner asked "where did you post that deposit?" and he said "wait, it's here somewhere" and sure enough it was..........right in the middle of his desk on a post-it note! Apparently this is how he "posts" any and all transactions! Needless to say, he NEEDED to be at this class and I think I have ANOTHER part time job! Good thing his company is in our area!

Today's class wasn't too bad, A/R, deposits and bank recs......got out around 2:30....not bad......have two more days of this!!!! I will be home Friday night and I have baby J until Sunday and then have my Christmas party at the RR Stadium........should be fun! Looking forward to seeing Nicky in a Tux! I also invited Jamey........he's doing good.........his divorce is finally final and he said that he has had a rough couple of months.......just got lost.........we all have a time in our life where that happens but, he is back on track and I am looking forward to catching up with him. I always thought he was a sweetheart...................BG likes him too!

Off to Hotel HH..............................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home