Racklegirl's Tales

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Is being single really bad?

In the recent past, I have heard horror stories of one bad relationship after another, comments of "I'm so glad I'm not single"...blah....blah.....blah.....well, I am single and I like my single life! I love the freedom that comes with it also. I like dating, I like meeting new people, I like going to new places with my girls, I like playing poker every other weekend, I like picking and chosing while shopping, I like my quite nights with my kids, I like my "couch time" with B, I like my weekend visits with J (who lives in Houston and is here every so often), I like my long conversations with "Kelly", and I like not knowing what my plans are for the next few days.

I have forever said that "I want to be in a relationship" but, why is it that everytime a "possible" relationship rears it's ugly little head, I head for the hills. Am I ready for one? I really don't think that I am. Am I afraid of one? Maybe. Am I that scared of "losing" myself again that I refuse to even test that theory? Probably that more than anything else.

Can someone please tell me~am I selfish or bitter?

inquiring minds wanna know......................................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home